Quit smoking Strategies 1

Sunday, July 22, 2007


I started smoking at a very young age, no idea why…maybe peer pressure
I never was a heavy smoker, thank God, but I never had smoking breaks.The bad news is that I have recently started feeling the effects of smoking and decided to quit.
Now…to quit smoking …honestly I have no idea what you need, especially if you enjoy it.
I personally did enjoy it, I loved having a smoke with my friends, my father, even my grandma.
Besides, there’s nothing like smoking after meals…..and then there’s smoking while you drink.
I think that’s where it gets vicious.
From what I’ve read drinking and smoking are a “great” combination: they work together to damage your brain!!?!

Have a look at this:

"As chronic alcohol drinking and chronic smoking more often than not co-occur, researchers have begun to realize that the brain effects previously attributed to alcohol drinking alone may in fact be the result of both drinking and smoking. This realization may have consequences for how we look at treatment for alcohol-use disorders."

Now think about it…don’t you smoke more when you drink alcohol?If you’re a non-smoker thinks about your friends/relatives that smoke..

So…to prove to you that it’s true..let’s see the results of a study the Center for Nicotine and Smoking Cessation Research at Duke University Medical Center developed.
The study was simple.They had some people smoke and drink and observed the changes in the amount of smoking, depending on the amount of alcohol they drank.

"Smoking-urge ratings were higher after consuming four versus two alcohol drinks, and increases were not observed after consuming a placebo beverage," said study co-author Andrea King of the University of Chicago. "These findings were observed in a nonsmoking environment, which may indicate that alcohol directly produced these effects and they were not due to direct smoking cues triggering cigarette craving. In other words, the greater the alcohol consumption, the greater the urge to smoke."

Maybe that should give us food for thought and make us reconsider our ‘quit smoking’ strategy.
After all.. it’s difficult to enjoy a cold beer if you’re not smoking, but it’s worth it.

Please give me some feedback on whether or not this was helpful and any ‘quit smoking’ strategies that you have tried, that did or did not work.Thank you!

PS:Try drinking green tea!(see my post on the “Asian Paradox”)