FREE RICE

Saturday, October 27, 2007

While checking out somebody's blog a few days ago, I stumbled upon a post he/she had written about a great organization called "FREE RICE".
Maybe some of you already know about it. For the ones who don't, Free Rice was open on th 7th of October this year(2007).
They have developed a great and original way to help the people in poor country: Free English Vocabulary!
So, you just play a game of words and for every correct answer you donate 10 grains of rice. While you play, you see the bowl filling up. It's really cool!
I find it really original. Let me quote from their webpage:
"Whether you are CEO of a large corporation or a street child in a poor country, improving your vocabulary can improve your life. It is a great investment in yourself.".
To play, you aren't required to register or give any information. You just enter Free Rice and play!
HAVE FUN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That site is quite addicting, though it gets insanely hard at above level 40 (I've only reached 42/50, and I was definitely getting really lucky).

Be patient, for the world is broad and wide said...

wow..I didn't reach that much. Way to go!